Saturday 28 February 2009

28 Febuary 2009... deadline was yesterday! was it met...

Unfortunately i wasnt in thursday's media lesson but this was due to reasons that are out of my hands.We worked well however considering the major changes in terms of location and storyline that occured. We have the finished piece- entitled "Illicit content" (I hope i spelt that right..). Alex was fundamentally in charge of the credits. We looked at a range of fonts, colours and types of text to find the right one for our sequence. Yet, as our thriller already ran slightly over 2 minutes, the credits would have to played over the sequence instead of haveing say, a black background for the credits.
I took the opportunity during Andrews lesson to go down to the music department and see if I could create a suitible soundtrack for our piece. I had originally made one at home on my Yamaha keyboard but as its pretty old, there was no way of somehow getting the music onto a floppy disk to use. But anyway, I tried to re-create the piece but it was a tad too upbeat for what our sequence consisted of. So, Im hoping that the others took the opportunity in Annabels lesson to create that on the sound track software the rest of the class used. I found it very easy to get to grips with so I hope they did too. Her are just some of the many range of shots we included in our thriller:
1)A long shot of the Corinne’s house (establishing shot)2.) An extreme close-up of the doorbell as it is being rung3.)A close up of Corinne’s face as she sleeps4.) A close up the a clock to show time passing4.)Various angled shots of Corinne’s journey down the stairs enabling us to have some math cutting5.) A close up of Corinne’s hand as she opens the door6.) A low angled close up f Corinne hand on the mouse7.) A close up of the water and plug as the bath is being filled up8.) A high angle of the intruder’s feet entering the house with a panning camera movement.9.) Medium shots of Corinne in the bathroom10.) Shot reverse shot between Corinne and the intruder as he enters the bathroom11.) An extreme close up of the intruders mouth as a demands for the secret information( from two different angles)12.) A medium shot of the intruder from the side showing the knife in his hand. Entitled "Illicit content", the sequence is about an intruder who needs something out victim and main character Corrinne has (is posted) he enters the house and corners her in her bathroom before brandishing a kitchen kniofe and saying "wheres the content?" "wheres the Illicit content?"

As I do not play a part in the thriller as a character, I took the oppotunity to assit in the directing and filming of the sequence. I think my handheld camera movement is improving :D which can only be a good thing, true?
I'd like to congratulate my group because I think in the short space of time we had (and considering we started from scratch less than 2 weeks before the deadline!!) we managed to create something different and Iv'e learnt alot- more than I bargained for anyway. I just hope when tuesdays lesson comes the piece is completed- soundtrack and all. We'll see. I'll write again real soon.
And to my group....
Sorry Iv'e missed a few lessons guys.. :) x

No comments: