Monday 2 March 2009

Final filming day

Final filming day

We went to my house in North London, Tottenham, to film our new and improved thriller. We worked very hard and we managed to stay on track. We changed the setting to my house because my house has features that we felt would compliment our new ideas. E.g. doors with frosted glass, a doorbell, and a large open and clear space.

We started by filming with an exterior shot and establishing shot of the house which we shot as a long shot as this will allow the audience to get a grasp of the type of area that our thriller is set in, it will also allow are target audience to recognise and identify key mis en scene.

We also had a close up of my face and this was because we wanted the audience to see that I had smudged makeup over my face suggesting that I had been out the night before which is what we had indented. My costume included shorts and going out top, accessories and laddered tights, we chose this type of clothing because we felt that it would heighten the storyline about the young girl who had been out the night before.

Instead of the secret document being pulled out of a draw we decided to have it being posted in an envelope to the house, inside the envelope we put a USB as we felt this idea would look more effective then a piece of paper.

We continued with the bath scene idea and did many bathroom shots. E.g. looking into the mirror, removing makeup, taking off clothes and jewellery, running the bath etc.
We will still use the close-up of the plug that we had already filmed and edited previously and this is because we felt that this shot was extremely effective.

We also kept the idea of showing the intruders feet enter the house and we did this by panning the camera as the intruder (played by Jordane) walks further into the house.

Overall, we managed to finish filming all and more of out desired shots. We found this filming session effective because we were able to stay on task and were focused and productive. As the main character in our thriller, I had to act though I found this reasonably easy as I have had a lot of acting experience. As well as acting, I also imputed lot of my ideas into it and did lots of camera work when not having to act. Overall, I am happy with what we achieved and I look forward to editing next.

No comments: